Vegan Roasted Beet Salad at Coletta
Though often overlooked, beets are a truly remarkable plant. High in both vitamin C and potassium, this root vegetable is excellent for your heart and immune system. Unlike other common root veggies, beets are low in starch and some studies have shown that beets provide a burst of energy! What better way to enjoy a nutritious, energizing lunch than a vegan roasted beet salad at Coletta?
Coletta may specialize in Italian classics, but each dish is served up in a new way: fresh, kosher-certified, and completely vegan! The dishes on our expansive menu are designed for the ultimate dining experience, made with wholesome ingredients and prepared to an immaculate standard.
Hoping for a quick guide to the perfect vegan roasted beet salad? Read on for a detailed description of the dish, as well as an easy at-home recipe! To learn more about all that Coletta has to offer, explore our menu options or place an order for pickup/delivery today.
Coletta’s Salt Roasted Beet Salad
When properly roasted, beets take on an earthy, slightly sweet flavor. The roasting process smoothes out the stronger undertones, removing all but the slightest bitter notes in the background of every bite. The result is a smooth, even flavor that easily pairs with nearly any dish.
At Coletta, our expert chefs take advantage of this complex flavor profile, using hints of citrus to add even more layers to the salty, bittersweetness.
Our salt-roasted beet salad is topped with delicate fennel shavings and flavorful black olives. The bright notes of our citrus vinaigrette provide the perfect contrast to the earthy flavor of the roasted beets, while a layer of vegan “ricotta” enriches the salad as a whole.
Whether you choose to enjoy your salad as a leisurely lunch, take your meal on the go, or treat yourself to a healthy evening on the town, this vegan roasted beet salad is guaranteed to become the highlight of the day!
Vegan Roasted Beet Salad Recipe
Understanding how to play off the complicated flavor profile of beets can take time, but once you’ve mastered the art, you won’t soon turn back!
After sampling roasted beets done right, tackle this easy vegan roasted beet salad recipe and play with your unique versions.
- 3 medium beets
3 teaspoons of olive oil
4 cups of arugula
- 1/4 cup of slivered almonds
1 tablespoon of vegan parmesan
Salt and pepper
Desired amount of your favorite vegan dressing
- Begin by preheating your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While the oven preheats, peel and chop your beets into bite-sized chunks. In a large bowl, toss your beets in olive oil, salt, and pepper until they are all fully coated. Spread them in a single layer across a sheet pan, then roast for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- As the beets roast, wash, peel, and use a vegetable peeler to shave your carrot. Though you can save time by purchasing pre-shaved carrots, fresh, thinly shaved carrots enhance this salad, bringing it to an even more memorable level.
- Once your beets have fully roasted, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool for five to ten minutes.
- Toss all remaining ingredients together, and enjoy your roasted beet salad!
Bonus tip: Because this salad contains so much natural bitterness, we suggest pairing it with a tangier vinaigrette. A mustard or citrus vinaigrette will highlight the sharpness of the arugula while not overpowering the natural flavor of your roasted beets.
Remarkable Salads at Coletta
When done right, a salad is more than just a “diet food.” It is a filling, nutritious addition to your day, giving you all the energy you need to power through the afternoon!
With practice and the right inspiration, anyone can easily learn the art of turning simple vegetables into a breathtaking, memorable salad. For inspiration, turn to the delicious options at Coletta! You’ll enjoy every bite of our remarkable vegan salad options, including:
- Our fig and “feta” salad, made with baby arugula, fresh mission figs, vegan “feta,” avocado, and toasted pine nuts, tossed in a white balsamic vinaigrette
- The classic house salad served with arugula, “parmesan,” and our housemade white balsamic vinaigrette
On nights you just don’t feel like cooking, allow the expert chefs at Coletta to take the pressure off your shoulders. Treat yourself to a night out, with a menu with something for everyone. For an easy night in, take advantage of our online ordering system, and allow Coletta to bring the flavor to you!