Vegan Tiramisu at Coletta in NYC
Certain desserts are simply designed to be tasty, delicate, and divine. Tiramisu has a fascinating and delectable history. In fact, this dessert invented in Treviso in the 1800s translates directly to ‘pick me up.’ The next time you need a pick-me-up, try the vegan tiramisu at Coletta in New York!
Coletta has established a reputation as one of the most delicious, creative vegan restaurants on the market! Through gorgeously inspired takes on Italian classics, our professional chefs guarantee that each item on our menu is entirely vegan and kosher-certified. Every guest will find something to love at Coletta regardless of their interests, lifestyle, or background.
To learn more about all that Coletta brings to the table, visit our restaurant, explore our full menu, or place an order for pickup or delivery today. Read on to learn more about how Coletta can keep you satisfied and happy in our gorgeously designed space and at home!
Vegan Tiramisu Recipe for Home
Vegan baking is reputably challenging, but with time and patience, you can tackle this vegan tiramisu recipe without a problem! Its easily adjustable proportions and big coffee flavor make it an incredibly forgiving place to start your vegan baking journey.
Simply gather your ingredients, and take it one step at a time. Mistakes are inevitable, but with help from Coletta, you’ll soon be able to show all your coworkers, friends, and family exactly how delicious the cruelty-free lifestyle can be!
- 16 vegan ladyfinger cookies
1/2 cup of brewed coffee
1/4 cup Kahlua
2 cups of coconut milk
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/4 cup of sugar
1/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar
1 cup oat milk
2 cups of raw cashews, soaked overnight
1/4 cup lemon juice
- To complete this recipe, begin by preparing your coconut whipped cream. Prior to starting the process, place the canned coconut milk in the refrigerator for at least thirty minutes to chill. Open the chilled coconut milk and separate the white coconut solids from the liquid. Place the solids in a blender and blend until light and fluffy.
- Add the now whipped coconut cream to a bowl, and continue whipping it with an electric mixer for around two minutes. Scrape the edges, then gently stir in the cream of tartar and vanilla extract.
- Continue mixing, slowly adding the sugar until all the ingredients are fully combined. Set the bowl in the fridge to keep it cold while you prepare the next step.
- Drain any leftover water from the soaked cashews. Combine the cashews, oat milk, and lemon juice in the blender. Blend on high, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary. The finished product should be creamy, without any visible chunks of cashews.
- Combine the cashews with the whipped coconut cream, gently folding the two together until they are fully mixed. Be sure to move slowly so that the whipped topping can maintain its fluffy, airy texture.
- Begin assembling your tiramisu! In a small bowl, combine the brewed coffee and Kahlua. Dip each ladyfinger into the coffee, and allow it to soak for just a second or so before quickly transferring them to the bottom of a glass, square baking pan. If you need, break the ladyfingers in half to ensure they form an even layer across the bottom.
- After forming a single layer, top with half the cashew-coconut cream. Smooth with a spatula, and then move on to the next layer. Soak the ladyfingers, form a second layer, and finally, top with the last of your cashew-coconut cream.
- Place the tiramisu in the refrigerator for at least three or four hours. If possible, leave it overnight to let the flavors fully meld.
- Just before serving, sprinkle the top with a light layer of cocoa powder. Serve chilled alongside a cup of your favorite espresso!
Vegan Tiramisu at Coletta in NYC
Need a little inspiration? Come down to Coletta to try vegan tiramisu, as you’ve never seen before! As always, our professionally trained chefs use only the highest-quality ingredients: espresso liqueur-infused ladyfingers, Madagascar vanilla cream, and crushed cocoa nibs.
No matter your tastes, you will have no problem finding something to love in our inclusive, gorgeously designed restaurant. Don’t feel like an evening out? No problem! Take advantage of our online pickup and delivery options.