Vegan Pepperoni Pizza at Coletta
How often have you attended a movie night, office lunch party, or other events where the main course– gooey, savory pepperoni pizza– was served? Now, with vegan pepperoni pizza at Coletta, you can enjoy all the same flavors without sacrificing your ideals!
The genius minds behind the Coletta menu prepare every dish with a common purpose: ensuring that New York City diners have the chance to enjoy all their favorite meals, free from hassle. Whether vegan, vegetarian, lactose-intolerant or just a “foodie” looking for their next favorite restaurant, every guest who steps foot in our gorgeously designed restaurant is guaranteed access to food fit to meet their craving.
Vegan Pepperoni Pizza in a Brick Oven
There’s no better place in the world to enjoy a piping hot pizza than New York City, and there’s no better place in New York City for vegan and gluten-free alternatives than Coletta.
Rather than relying on conventional or gas ovens to fire our pizzas at Coletta, we take the traditional approach: hot, over the flames in a brick oven. Our method is guaranteed to serve up the hottest pizza on the crispiest crust, so our guests have the chance to enjoy pizza as it was originally intended.
Pizza may not typically be considered vegan food, but at Coletta, we take pride in knocking down the walls of convention to supply our guests a fulfilling, delicious, cruelty-free meal.
In place of traditional dairy cheeses, every brick oven pizza offered at Coletta utilizes completely vegan, dairy-free, certified kosher options. Rather than plain store-bought mozzarella, you can savor a completely original blue “cheese” crema, lemon “ricotta,” or fresh vegan ‘mozzarella.’
Coletta always keeps our menus creative, but sometimes, there’s no point in fixing a classic. We keep our vegan pepperoni pizzas simple, the way you’ve always wanted: coated in housemade tomato sauce, fresh “mozzarella,” and a generous topping of cruelty-free pepperoni.
By using only the freshest herbs, our chefs present a twelve-inch pepperoni pizza as you’ve dreamed–warm, toasty, and perfect for indulging.
Housemade Tomato Sauce Recipe
The ingredients behind the perfect vegan pepperoni pizza are incredibly simple; it’s just a matter of experimenting with your favorite vegan pepperoni and cheese alternatives. The power in elevating this classic dish to another level really lies in another component: the sauce.
Rather than using overly salted, under-flavored canned pizza sauce, take advantage of this simple recipe as an opportunity to experiment with your own! Change up the seasonings, break out the blender, and get ready to experiment with flavors that are sure to “wow” all your family and friends.
- 1 28-ounce can of whole peeled tomatoes
1 small can of tomato paste
Two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 small yellow onion
3 medium garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon sugar
Salt and pepper (to taste)
- In a food processor or blender, reduce the whole tomatoes into a smooth puree. Set aside for later.
- Drizzle olive oil in the base of a large pot. Crush the garlic cloves, mince as finely as possible, and then place them in the pot over medium heat until they brown.
- Add the tomato puree, oregano, basil, and sugar. Cut the onion into two halves, and then place these halves into the sauce. The idea is not to cook this onion, but to allow its flavors to integrate into your pizza sauce.
- For a richer, more tomatoey flavor, add tomato paste. Begin by slowly adding this paste one spoonful at a time, allowing each to mix fully and taste as you go. Salt and pepper as needed.
- Bring this mixture to a simmer, then cover and allow to cook until the flavors have fully melded.
- Once you’ve finished, allow the mixture to cool and then store it in an airtight container. Refrigerated, it should remain fresh for up to two weeks.
Vegan Favorites at Coletta
The inclusive menu at Coletta holds more than just mouthwatering vegan pepperoni pizza. It holds the key to all your favorite Italian classics, served up hot and cruelty-free!
When the winter chill gets cold in the next few months, step inside the welcoming doors at Coletta to enjoy comforting Italian Classics such as:
- Penne alla vodka served with fresh oregano and with gluten-free options available.
- Chick’n Linguini Alfredo made vegan with garlic cream sauce, bac’n, green onions, and “parmesan.”
- Baked rigatoni bolognese made from our Impossible bolognese sauce and served with fresh “mozzarella” and basil