Vegan Mushroom Truffle Pizza at Coletta in NYC
Something about the idea of “truffles” feels simultaneously elegant, sophisticated, and indulgent. Traditionally, someone may expect to see these delicate fungi atop an exquisite pasta, but at Coletta, we pride ourselves in the unexpected. By combining the decadence of truffle with the comfort of pizza, we present a vegan mushroom truffle pizza that is as wholesomely delicious as it is rich!
In every item on our expansive menu, our expert chefs work hard to bring the boldest, most innovative flavors in the city. Best of all, every bite fits neatly into our cruelty-free lifestyle, showcasing all the decadence that vegan dining can hold. Whether following a kosher diet, a cruelty-free lifestyle, or dining with a gluten allergy, our menu holds the perfect option for you!
To find inspiration, peruse our full menu. Ready to pick out your next favorite dish? Place an order for pickup or delivery, and let us bring all the bold, vegan flavors right to your door!
Vegan Mushroom Truffle Pizza
As with every item on our menu, this vegan mushroom truffle pizza starts with the basics of what draws people all over the world to this classic comfort food: warm, savory flavors and a wholesomely filling base.
Our chefs start by searing wild mushrooms, reducing the water that would otherwise make for a soggy, limp crust. From here, they sprinkle caramelized cipollini onions across the surface, adding an element of slight sweetness to offset the otherwise earthy flavors.
A dash of fresh rosemary and red chili brings an intensity that perfectly counters the creamy, mild texture of our vegan crema and lemon “ricotta.” Finally, a drizzle of rich, decadent truffle oil helps meld the flavors together, adding a touch of elegance to every comforting bite.
A quick trip into our authentic brick oven toasts the crust to perfection, adding that smokey flavor and crisp texture that keeps diners all over the city clamoring for more.
Vegan Wild Mushroom Pizza Recipe
For more earthy, rich flavors you won’t soon forget, add this vegan wild mushroom pizza recipe to your meal plan!
The combination of healthy, protein-rich mushrooms packs all the power to keep you full without weighing you down, making it the perfect option for a Saturday lunch, cozy movie night, or fun “build your own pizza” party with friends.
- 2 cups of mixed mushrooms
3 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
3 cloves of roasted garlic
1 teaspoon of thyme leaves
1 cup of vegan mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon of nutritional yeast flakes
2 teaspoons of olive oil
1 1/3 cups of raw cashews
3 teaspoons of lemon juice
Salt and pepper (to taste)
- To start this recipe, prepare your garlic cream sauce. Boil your cashews in a small pot for roughly fifteen minutes, until they have cooked through and had an opportunity to soak up some excess water. Place these cashews in a blender with your lemon juice, roasted garlic, salt, and pepper. Blend until creamy and thoroughly combined.
- Spread this cream sauce over your pizza crust. Sprinkle lightly with nutritional yeast flakes for a burst of nutrients and an additional “cheesy” flavor.
- In a saute pan, sear your mushrooms on medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low and cook until they are softened. If necessary, use a separate towel to squeeze out any excess water that might otherwise make your pizza crust soggy.
- Construct your pizza. Sprinkle your minced garlic, mushrooms, and vegan mozzarella over the surface of the crust, adjusting the content to meet your personal preferences.
- Cook your pizza at 425 degrees until the cheese is fully melted, and the crust is golden brown.
Elegant Nights at Coletta
Who says that pizza can’t be a part of an elegant evening on the town?
At Coletta, we specialize in elevating every classic dish to another level, adding a touch of sophistication without removing any of the comforting elements that make these Italian classics so popular.
By joining us for a night at Coletta, you are enjoying more than just a meal; you are partaking in a true culinary experience. Our restaurant space– designed by Studio RB– mixes soft, vintage-inspired details with rustic elements, creating the ideal space for a romantic evening with your favorite people. A glass of wine from our full bar elevates the evening even further, turning this night into one you won’t soon forget.
Don’t feel up to a night out? No problem! Our food was made to travel. Simply look through our full menu and use our easy online ordering system to place your order for pickup or delivery.