Lemon Almond Cake at Coletta in NYC
What is it about a lemon almond cake that seems to brighten even the worst day? With its moist texture, bright flavor, and decadent sweetness, every bite of this dessert seems like a dose of sunshine. On the next rainy day, don’t give in to the blues; instead, indulge in a serving of lemon almond cake at Coletta in NYC!
Though a relatively new addition to this great city, Coletta has established a reputation as one of the most delicious, creative vegan restaurants on the market! Through their gorgeously inspired takes on Italian classics, our professionally trained chefs guarantee that each item on the astoundingly diverse menu is entirely vegan and kosher-certified. No matter their interests, lifestyle, or background, every guest will find something to love at Coletta.
Coletta’s Lemon Almond Cake
Inspired by the classic Italian dessert, Coletta’s lemon almond cake maintains all the crowd-pleasing flavor without any moral compromise! Prepared completely free of dairy, this dish manages the tricky tightrope of flavors that makes lemon almond cake a favorite all around the world: bright citrus perfectly contrasted with light, fluffy sweetness.
A cashew cream sauce and fresh strawberry coulis add a burst of texture and flavor to this already tasty dish, ensuring that it covers every base. A handful of roasted almonds finish it off with a crush, the ideal addition to this otherwise creamy, fluffy dish.
Lastly, a side of vanilla ice cream cools things down. Like every other dessert on our menu, this ice cream is completely cruelty-free. Indulge in each chilly, sweet spoonful without fear, and chase away those rainy-day blues once and for all!
Vegan Lemon Almond Cake Recipe
Vegan baking may have a reputation for its challenging nature, but with a little help from Coletta, you’ll find making your very own vegan desserts a breeze! Start with this vegan lemon almond cake recipe to bring your next tea party or a relaxed evening to the next level.
- 4 cups of almond flour
1 cup of oat milk
3/4 cup of olive oil
7 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
1 cup of coconut sugar
3 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon of almond extract
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1 handful of roasted, sliced almonds
- Begin this dish by preparing the cooking area. Grease a 9-inch, round baking pan and preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the almond flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk the dry ingredients together.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the oat milk, olive oil, lemon juice, coconut sugar, almond extract, and apple cider vinegar. Stir until the sugar dissolves within the liquid.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients quickly. Fold them together until you can’t see any dry ingredients, scraping the bottom to be sure all the elements of this dish are fully combined. Because over-mixing can affect the cake’s texture, be careful not to stir the batter any longer than necessary.
- Pour the cake batter into the pan and gently tap it against the counter to level it off. Place the pan on the middle shelf of the preheated oven. Cook the cake for around 50 minutes. You’ll know the cake is ready when the surface is an even, golden color and a toothpick inserted into the center comes away clean.
- Allow the cake to cook completely. Only when the cake is cooled can you carefully remove it from the pan without risking the loss of the moist, spongey texture.
- From here, top the cake as desired! Though a handful of sliced, roasted almonds is a must, there are plenty of ways to make this dish your own. A few slices of fresh lemon and a sprinkling of powdered sugar are the perfect finish to this gorgeous, delicious lemon almond cake.
Delicious Desserts at Coletta in NYC
Though this lemon almond cake has something to offer everyone, the fun doesn’t stop there. No matter what you are craving, you’ll find the dessert to match it at Coletta! Choose from such mouthwatering options as Coletta’s own housemade sweets.
For a sophisticated adult alternative, we suggest a serving of Coletta’s tiramisu. Infused with espresso liqueur and topped with bright lemon zest, every bite of this rich tiramisu is enhanced with a blend of dark chocolate and delicate Madagascar vanilla.
Craving more playful flavors? Look no further than the strawberry panna cotta! With its combination of fresh mint and strawberries, it’s naturally sweet and perfectly decadent.