Grapefruit Spritz Cocktail at Coletta in NYC
Some drinks feel made for a certain time or season. For instance, it’s hard to imagine a red wine alongside breakfast or a mimosa served on a cold winter evening. However, when it comes to certain delectable cocktails– like this grapefruit spritz cocktail at Coletta in NYC– the bright flavors and gorgeous appearance make it perfect for any kind of day.
Every item on our expansive menu– whether dinner, wine or a deliciously handcrafted cocktail– is completely vegan and guaranteed to please people of any taste. Whether you observe a kosher diet, follow a cruelty-free lifestyle, or require gluten-free meal options, our bartenders and servers are ready with options for you to enjoy.
Stunning Grapefruit Spritz Cocktail Recipe
One of the most treasured items on the Coletta cocktail menu, our grapefruit spritz cocktail is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. You’ll find something to love in this stunning cocktail regardless of your mood.
Fresh grapefruit juice provides a sharp flavor, brightening the tastebuds and awakening your senses. Bubbly prosecco adds an element of lightness, enhancing the beverage’s natural tart flavors. Finally, candied grapefruit peel serves both as a gorgeous garnish and extra touch of sweetness.
Now, with the help of this simplified recipe, any amateur bartender can recreate this sparkling beverage from the comfort of their own home!
- 2 ounces of grapefruit juice
1/2 ounce of Aperol
- 2 ounces prosecco
1 small grapefruit
- Before preparing the beverage itself, start the process by forming your garnish. Preheat the oven to 125 degrees Fahrenheit, and prep a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash the grapefruit thoroughly and cut it into thin slices. Place the slices in a single layer over the parchment paper, and then bake them until dried and nearly translucent. This process can take as long as four hours, depending on the thickness of the slices.
- When the grapefruit is completely dried, remove them from the oven and set them aside to cool.
- Combine the grapefruit juice, Aperol, and prosecco into a tall glass and stir. Be gentle so as not to compromise the bubbly quality of the prosecco.
- Finally, garnish your drink with a dried grapefruit, and enjoy!
More Delicious Grapefruit Cocktails
Curious to try more? Experiment with a few of these classic grapefruit cocktails!
The brilliant chefs at Willow have built a reputation out of sourcing flavors from all over the world, bringing that inspiration home to NYC. Such is the case with this delicious Paloma, inspired by the Mexican classic!
- 4 tablespoons tequila
5 tablespoons grapefruit juice
1 tablespoon of lime juice
1 tablespoon of simple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of club soda
1 dried grapefruit slice (for garnish)
- Combine tequila, grapefruit, lime juice, ice, and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously for around sixty seconds, hard enough that tiny shards of the ice break off into the beverage.
- Pour the drink into a tall glass. Top the drink with club soda.
- Using the edge of the dried grapefruit slice, gently stir the drink once, just barely mixing the soda into the drink. Toss the garnish over the surface, and enjoy serving this delicious, beautiful drink!
Grapefruit Rum Cocktail
For an island-inspired drink, don’t miss out on the opportunity to sample this sweet, tart grapefruit rum cocktail.
- 4 sprigs of mint
1/2 tablespoon of coconut sugar
1 cup of fresh grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup of Malibu rum
1/2 cup of club soda
1 dried grapefruit slice (for garnish)
- Begin by muddling together the mint leaves and coconut sugar.
- Stir in the rum and grapefruit juice, and then place the drink in the refrigerator. The longer it chills, the more the flavors will mellow and combine.
- Before stirring, pour this drink into a decorative glass, gently top it with club soda, and garnish with a slice of dried grapefruit.
Unforgettable Cocktails at Coletta in NYC
Don’t waste time wondering. Step into the relaxing environment of our NYC restaurant to enjoy a cocktail you won’t soon forget!
At your next evening out, pair your cocktail with a delicious meal. Our chefs specialize in the art of cruelty-free cooking, bringing world-inspired flavor right here at home in North Gramercy, NYC. At Coletta, you can rest assured that every bite is vegan, kosher, and completely original.
On nights you don’t feel like eating out, enjoy your meal to-go with easy pickup and delivery options. Our mouthwatering menu is new and ever-expanding. Keep an eye on Coletta as we tackle exciting new bar options!