Fig Jam and Prosciutto Pizza: Coletta in NYC
Somehow, it doesn’t really matter whether you are looking for comfort food or something to make an event of the night; pizza has the power to hit the spot, no matter the mood. In the past, embracing a vegan lifestyle meant sacrificing the rich, cheesy goodness that made pizza memorable. Now, with help from expert guidance and quality ingredients at Coletta in NYC, you can embrace your cruelty-free lifestyle and this classic dish!
Though it is the newest restaurant in the City Roots Hospitality family, Coletta in NYC has already made a splash on the cruelty-free dining scene. With its fresh ingredients and exciting atmosphere, this hip new restaurant has become a staple amongst vegan diners and beyond! With creative dining options like this fig jam and prosciutto pizza, it is hard to deny the universal draw of this Italian-inspired cuisine.
Looking for inspiration? Explore our full menu, or read on to learn more about how you can imitate these flavors in your own kitchen! To keep the party going, place an order for pickup or delivery and see what all Coletta has to offer.
Fig Jam and Prosciutto Pizza
The expert chefs at Coletta have a special way of turning even the most ordinary dishes into something altogether extraordinary; such is the case with this delectable fig jam and prosciutto pizza!
With a beautiful blend of sweet and salty flavors, this pizza brings an unexpected level of boldness to the plate. Housemade fig jam and fresh mission figs introduce a surprising burst of sweetness, without the sugary sweetness of store-bought alternatives. A drizzle of aged balsamic vinegar enhances these already fresh flavors, adding another layer of depth to this dish.
Vegan “prosciutto” and a sprinkling of “parmesan” add all the saltiness one might expect in a traditional pizza, without the unnecessary meat or dairy. Finally, a layer of fresh baby arugula and a final touch of extra virgin olive oil tie the meal together.
You won’t soon forget this sweet, salty, peppery creation!
Toasted to perfection in a white-hot brick oven, the crust contains all the smokey, crispy flavor you should expect in a pizza of this caliber. Completely vegan, kosher-certified, and mouth-wateringly delicious, this pizza has something to offer every diner.
Homemade Pizza Recipe
Looking for a way to introduce the unique flavor combinations of a vegan pizza into your own kitchen? Look no further than this easy, delicious vegan pizza recipe!
This spicy-sweet spinach artichoke pizza walks the fine line between big flavor and simple ingredients. No matter your skill level, you’ll have no issues introducing yourself and your family to the big kick in this tiny pizza.
- Fresh vegan pizza dough
1 cup of vegan mozzarella
1/2 cup of chopped macadamia nuts
1/2 red onion
1 can of drained artichoke hearts
- 3 cups of fresh baby spinach
Red pepper flakes
2 cloves of garlic
Extra virgin olive oil
- To start, prepare your pizza dough. If working from fresh, homemade dough, place it in the oven and cook roughly halfway, ensuring that you won’t overcook your ingredients as you wait for your dough to cook.
- Crush your garlic, and then finely mince. Stir the garlic, olive oil, and red pepper flakes (amount depending on personal preference) together. Drizzle this mixture over the surface of your pizza dough.
- Cut the artichoke hearts into quarters, and then lay them across the surface of your oiled pizza crust.
- Cut your red onion into thin slices. Sprinkle on top of your pizza crust, along with the chopped macadamia nuts and vegan mozzarella cheese.
- Carefully remove the seeds from your fresh jalapeno. Cut it into bite-sized pieces and sprinkle it across the surface of your pizza.
- Place the pizza in the oven at 400 degrees for around fifteen minutes, or until the edge of the crust is toasted to a golden brown.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and allow it to cool for around ten minutes before sprinkling it with chopped spinach. Without further ado, dig into your tasty creation!
Brick Oven Pizza at Coletta
For the best results, a pizza should be fired quickly, at an intensely high temperature. When your home oven just won’t make the cut, step over to Coletta to enjoy this classic dish as you’ve never had it before!
Our brick oven pizzas come complete with all the trademark Italian flair: crispy bottom, bubbling crust, and rich, smokey flavor.
To learn more, check out our full menu to see all the options available, or place an order for pickup/delivery to make your next cozy, movie-night in something truly special!