Chocolate Espresso Martini at Coletta in NYC
Is there any dessert cocktail quite as decadent, quite as indulgent as a chocolate espresso martini? With the complex flavors of bitter espresso to offset the sweetness of the chocolate, this drink makes the perfect decadent close to any meal. When it comes to dessert cocktails, there’s none finer than the chocolate espresso martini at Coletta in NYC.
Coletta cares: about animals, the planet, and your dedication to a cruelty-free lifestyle. As such, every item on our menu– liquor included– is vegan and kosher, with numerous gluten-free options available. We hope to inspire the most delicious cruelty-free living experience possible for New Yorkers and anyone looking to expand their skills with one of our new, restaurant-inspired recipes.
Reach out today for more details. To learn more about all Coletta has to offer, explore our blog. Check out our full menu, and place your first order today!
Show-Stopping Chocolate Espresso Martini Recipe
When it comes to “bartending at home,” making your own chocolate espresso martini is not the easiest feat. However, with some guidance and the inspiration of your own chocolate espresso martini at Coletta in NYC, you’ll have no problem steering in the right direction.
This traditional dessert martini starts with a foundation of vegan vodka, prepared and purified without the use of animal by-products. From here, sweet chocolate liquor provides a balance of sweetness, as plant-based cream adds that sought-after creamy texture. Coffee liqueur and espresso beans add the coffee twist, cementing this martini as one for the books.
After sampling the flavor for yourself, break out your cocktail shaker and get ready to recreate this recipe for yourself.
- 2 teaspoons of coconut sugar
1 tablespoon of ground coffee
2 tablespoons of vodka
1 tablespoon of vegan coffee liquor
- 2 tablespoons of espresso
2 tablespoons of cashew milk
1 teaspoon of maple syrup
- Begin by rimming the martini glass. Mix together the coconut sugar and ground coffee on a flat surface. Gently wet the rim of the martini glass with a spare drop of espresso, dip in the sugar-coffee mixture, and swirl the rim until coated.
- Combine the maple syrup, vodka, espresso, coffee liquor, cashew milk, and ice in a cocktail shaker. After closing the shaker, shake the contents vigorously for around thirty seconds or until the contents have fully chilled.
- Gently pour the drink into the prepared martini glass, keeping the ice in the shaker. Enjoy!
Chocolate Espresso Martini Mocktail
Though this dessert cocktail is truly unforgettable, alcohol is not a requirement to enjoy this drink. Whenever that espresso cocktail craving hits, feel free to give this delicious vegan mocktail a try.
- A handful of vegan, dark chocolate chips
2 ounces of espresso
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste
3 ounces of full-fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons of maple syrup
2 ounces of non-alcoholic vodka (optional)
- Begin by rimming your glass. Crush the vegan chocolate chips into a rough, chunky powder. This can easily be achieved with an empty wine bottle, but alternatively, you may use a food processor for a more fine result.
- Wet the rim of the glass with a drop or two of espresso, and then run the rim through the ground chocolate, until coated to your desired level.
- Combine the vanilla bean paste, espresso, coconut milk, and maple syrup in a cocktail shaker. If you choose non-alcoholic vodka, you may also add this. Though not necessary, this addition may add a sharper flavor to the background, adding to the “mocktail” effect.
- Fill the cocktail shaker about halfway with ice. Close it, and shake it vigorously for about a minute. Ideally, this will enhance the creamy texture while also helping the flavors meld.
- Pour the beverage into your prepared glass, and enjoy every sip of this creamy, sweet beverage!
Indulging at Coletta in NYC
If you enjoy this decadent cocktail, you’re sure to love our desserts!
Come down to Coletta to try cruelty-free desserts as you’ve never seen before. For extra chocolate and espresso goodness, consider pairing this dish with a serving of our vegan tiramisu. As always, our professionally trained chefs use only the highest-quality, locally sourced ingredients.
No matter your tastes, you will have no problem finding something to love in our inclusive, gorgeously designed restaurant. Don’t feel like an evening out? No problem! Take advantage of our online pickup and delivery options.