Baked Rigatoni Bolognese at Coletta in NYC
When it comes to weekly meal prep, few meals are quite as easy or family-friendly as a filling, wholesome casserole dish. This week, as you prepare for a series of busy days ahead, make your life easier with a little help from Coletta in NYC! Whether you are looking for a simple, delicious vegan recipe or a professionally prepared meal, you’ll adore the baked rigatoni bolognese at Colletta in NYC.
At Coletta, our chefs are invested in more than just our own bottom line; they are invested in providing nutritious, creative options for cruelty-free diners all over the city and beyond! Both in our restaurant and beyond, Coletta takes pride in showcasing just how simple and delicious the vegan lifestyle can truly be.
As always, accessibility is our mission. Every bite on our expansive menu is kosher-certified and completely vegan, with gluten-free options available on request. Come down to our Gramercy Park location or place an order today to sample the flavors for yourself!
Coletta’s Baked Rigatoni Bolognese
On its own, baked rigatoni bolognese is a simple dish, but as always, that provides no roadblocks to the genius minds behind the Coletta kitchen. They turn this classic recipe on its head, making it completely vegan while still holding true to the flavors that make this Italian dish one of the most beloved of all time!
Rather than relying on the usual blend of greasy meats, Coletta’s chefs keep this dish filling and nutritious with perfectly seasoned Impossible meat. Our bolognese sauce is filled with fresh herbs and veggies, making it rich without being too overwhelming.
It comes as no surprise that Coletta chooses to keep this dish– like every dish on our inclusive, kosher-certified menu– completely vegan. However, that doesn’t mean diners must give up on their cheesy rigatoni bolognese dreams. Rather, Coletta allows every guest the best of both worlds, filling this dish with a cruelty-free “mozzarella” with all the flavor and gooey texture of traditional cheese.
At Coletta, guests never have to make the difficult choice between their moral principles and their cravings; get ready to indulge in life without compromise!
Baked Rigatoni Bolognese Recipe
Though there’s no substitute for the flavorful impact of a professionally prepared meal, it’s hard to get around the satisfaction and pride that comes with making your own dinner. Once you’ve sampled the flavors available from Coletta’s kitchen, gather the ingredients and get ready to tackle a take of your own!
Enjoy this simple, delicious baked rigatoni bolognese recipe as part of your weekly meal-prep circuit.
- 1 pound of dried rigatoni noodles
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 of a white onion, diced
4 cloves of garlic, minced
3 teaspoons of fresh oregano
2 teaspoons of dried parsley
1 teaspoon of fresh rosemary, finely diced
1 cup of Impossible meat
- 3 tablespoons of sun-dried tomatoes
2 cans of crushed tomatoes
3 tablespoons of fresh basil, minced
3 tablespoons of tomato paste
5 tablespoons of vegan cream cheese
4 tablespoons of oat milk
Red pepper flakes to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large pot, bring the olive oil, onion, and garlic to medium heat. Cook with a pinch of salt and pepper, stirring with a wooden spoon until fragrant. After the veggies have softened– around four minutes– add the Impossible meat.
- Break up the Impossible meat with a wooden spoon, and add the oregano, parsley, and rosemary. Cook for around another four minutes, then stir in the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, red pepper flakes, and tomato paste. Stir until fully combined, cover, and lower the heat. Allow the sauce to simmer for around 25 minutes.
- As the sauce cooks, follow the instructions specific to your pasta and cook the rigatoni until al dente. Reserve a 1/2 cup of pasta water to the side, drain the rest, and then set the pasta to the side.
- Next, combine the vegan cream cheese, basil, and oat milk in a medium bowl. Using a large fork, whip the ingredients together until fully combined.
- Combine the cooked pasta and bolognese sauce into a baking dish. Drizzle the reserved pasta water into the baking dish, and then stir until fully combined. Using a spoon, add dollops of the cream cheese mixture over the top, and then cover the dish with tin foil.
- Bake the dish for twenty minutes, remove the foil, and then finish the dish by baking an additional ten. Remove the dish from the oven, allow it to cool for around ten minutes, and enjoy!
Delicious Vegan Options at Coletta
No one does Italian food quite like Coletta!! By elevating each dish with a touch of creativity, our professionally trained chefs keep the heart of each Italian classic without asking guests to break from their cruelty-free ideals.
To sample the world-inspired flavors for yourself, come down to Coletta’s Gramercy Park location. Not feeling up to a night out? No problem! Explore our menu, then use our easy online ordering system to place an order for pickup or delivery.
Cozy Nights in with Coletta
On the laziest of rainy Sundays, even a trip to the grocery store won’t cut it. Sometimes you want comfort food delivered straight to your door, so take advantage of Coletta’s online pickup and delivery options! Simply place your order, wait, and get ready to enjoy Italian comfort foods as you’ve never seen them before, completely vegan and kosher certified.
Whether you want authentic Italian classics– like our penne alla vodka or baked rigatoni bolognese– or crave the comfort of a fresh, crispy vegan pizza, Coletta has what you need to make your next night-in complete. Explore our menu and place an order today!